Cycling together for more air
Cycling challenge for employers
Together with many employers in the region we cycle from May 11 to June 30 for more fresh air for ourselves and for the region. Simply because it improves the health, vitality and accessibility of organizations. As an employer in the Brainport region, you can use the Brainport Cycling Challenge to encourage your employees to cycle more often. We collect money for Longfonds.
There is a free offer available consisting of a toolbox with communication materials, a e-bike trial campaign and the Sjees app. With this app, employees who cycle earn points and are challenged to keep cycling.
Why this challenge
The Brainport region is growing rapidly and with it the problems of accessibility and air quality. Cycling has many advantages. It is cheaper, healthier, sustainable and surprisingly fast (especially in urban areas). In short: a smart alternative to commuting. Time to get on the pedals!
What does the challenge entail?
During the challenge we leave the car at home for 50 days and take the bike (more often). The more cycling kilometers, the more donations are made to Longfonds. The cycling kilometers are measured with the Sjees app, a brand new cycling app specially developed for the Brainport region. Participants gain insight into the number of kilometers cycled and that of the company. They also have a chance to win fantastic prizes. So your employees are not only kicking for Longfonds, but also for themselves. As an employer, you can also do your part by donating extra per kilometer cycled and thus reward your cycling employees.
Participate in the Brainport Cycling Challenge!
How does the challenge work?
- Step 1: Express your interest via firstname.lastname@example.org and register for one of our webinars.
- Step 2: We will inform you about the challenge and the benefits of participating.
- Step 3: We make concrete agreements about participation, explain the app and look together at the objectives for your organization.
- Step 4: We provide ready-made online communication & nice decoration for your company. We have developed a toolbox for this.
- Step 5: From May 11: on the pedals!
- Step 6: We will announce the final score on July 6.
Yes, I am interested!
Fill in your details and we will contact you as soon as possible.
The Brainport region is growing rapidly and with it the problems of accessibility and air quality:
- In 1 in 5 children, their asthma is caused by air pollution
- 50 children per day are diagnosed with asthma (19,000 children per year)
- 2,800 children with severe shortness of breath are admitted to hospital every year
- 600,000 children and adults together have asthma Time for action! With the cycling challenge we raise money for Longfonds and immediately reduce CO2 emissions.
About the action
The cycling challenge is an action by Brainport Bereikbaar.